Saturday, February 09, 2008

Thing 7 - Cool Google Tools

I like the Google Calendar! I need to see about transferring my info from Yahoo! Calendar... iGoogle is alright - I like the games page! The notebook looks interesting... Google Advanced Search and Google Earth really aren't that new to me - already use them.

I decided to try the Alerts and Calendar. I'll have to wait and see how well the alerts work. I like the color-coding/bars in the calendar already though. I'm not sure if I like how public the calendar is... I'll have to really watch what posts publicly vs. privately. Maybe there is a password option I have not found yet...

I could make a classroom calendar with assignments and due dates - I've already got a dry-erase version in my classroom. Maybe more kids would look if it were online...

Alerts I'm not too sure about - other than reminding me of personal or work events. I'm not sure how to use these in the classroom.

1 comment:

Terry said...

If you try the online calendar for the kids let us know if it seems to garner more attention from them!